4 small fresh fish filets, about 4 oz. each
4 whole Cherchi pane carasau crackers
1 tsp. Ritrovo Herb & salt or Fennel & salt
¼ cup Accademia Olearia Sardinian olive oil
For the sauce:
1 Tbsp. Marino capers, lightly rinsed
4 ounces or ¼ cup French
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Rinse and dry fish filets, sprinkle with salt.
- Quickly bathe the crackers in clean or filtered water then place in a ziplock bag until soft.
- Wrap each fish filet in one of the crackers.
- Drizzle half of the oil on a baking sheet, using parchment paper if desired.
- Place the wrapped fish on the olive oil and drizzle well with the remaining olive oil.
- Place in the oven and back until the fish is cooked and crackers are lightly browned.
- While the fish is cooking, make the sauce by melting the butter or placing the olive oil and capers in a sauce pan over low -medium heat. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Serve over the cooked fish in parchment.
- Pair with a Vermentino white wine from Sardinia.