Turmeric Balsamic Pickled Radishes
Makes 1/2 pint
Serve these colorful radishes in salads, on sandwiches, or on their own. They make a perfect complement to avocado toast.
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1/2 cup Ritrovo Selections Organic Turmeric Balsamic
- 1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons ADI Apicoltura Organic Orange Flower Honey
2 teaspoons Margherita di Savoia Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 Marino Organics Sicilian Bay Leaves
- Slice the radishes into thin rounds using a sharp knife or a mandolin.
- Place the Ritrovo Selections Organic Turmeric Balsamic, water, ADI Apicoltura Organic Orange Flower Honey, and Piranske Soline Salt Flowers in a non-reactive saucepan over medium heat, until the honey and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Place the peppercorns and bay leaves in a clean 1/2-pint jar and pack with radish slices then pour the hot liquid over them.
- Cover and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
Storage: The radishes will be ready to eat after 24 hours. The brine will turn a brilliant orange color as they sit. The radishes can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one month. Brine can be reserved, and more radish slices added (the flavor will not be as intense, but the radishes will still be delicious).