Preparation Time: about 1 hour
- 3 cups hulled strawberries, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Le Ferre Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Mint
- 1 tablespoon Ritrovo Selections Organic Citrus Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Casina Rossa Fiori & Salt, divided
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (1.1 lb/500 gm) Ritrovo Selections Organic Carnaroli Rice
- 1 ½ cups fruity white wine such as Riesling, Gewürztraminer, or Chenin Blanc
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup heavy cream
- White pepper
For the Garnish
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil chiffonade
- A drizzle of Le Ferre Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Mint
- Ritrovo Selections Organic Citrus Balsamic Vinegar
- A whole strawberry, sliced with stem intact and fanned.
- Place the chopped strawberries in a bowl and toss with the Le Ferre Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Mint, Ritrovo Selections Organic Citrus Balsamic Vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of the Casina Rossa Fiori & Salt, mix and set aside.
- Pour the vegetable stock into a pan and bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy skillet or French oven. Add the onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until it is softened, but not browned. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until all the grains are coated with melted butter.
- Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes, or until the alcohol has evaporated. Add a cup of the hot stock to the rice and cook, stirring, until it has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock, one cup at a time, and stirring until each addition has been absorbed. This will take about 20 minutes.
- When the rice is tender, add the strawberries until they are just heated through. Gently stir in the Parmesan cheese and cream. Season with the additional 1 teaspoon (or more) Casina Rossa Fiori & Salt and white pepper.