These little puffs of deliciousness are nice as an appetizer or as part of an afternoon tea party. Serve with Stilton, chutney, and a sparkling beverage.
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Butter, melted, plus more for tins
1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Michele Ferrante Controne Pepper Flakes
- 1 ¼ ounces Stilton cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh Thyme
- Ritrovo Selections Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until all the lumps have disappeared.
- Whisk in the cheese and the thyme.
- Transfer the batter to an air-tight container. The batter must be chilled; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Generously butter the mini muffin or pop-over tins. Fill each cup to the top with the chilled batter.
- Bake the popovers until golden and puffed, 15-18 min. Repeat until the batter is used.
- Serve warm drizzled with Apple Balsamic Vinegar.