These little puffs of deliciousness are nice as an appetizer or as part of an afternoon tea party. Serve with Stilton, chutney and a sparkling beverage.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for tins
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Controne Pepper Flakes by Michele Ferrante
- 1 ¼ ounces Stilton cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh thyme
- Ritrovo Selections Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk until all the lumps have disappeared. Whisk in the cheese and the thyme. Transfer the batter to an air-tight container. The batter must be chilled; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Generously butter the mini muffin or pop-over tins. Fill each cup to the top with the chilled batter. Bake the popovers until golden and puffed, 15-18 min. Repeat until the batter is used. Serve warm drizzled with Apple Balsamic Vinegar.