This easy version of semifreddo is creamy and delicious. The chocolate and olive oil drizzle with hot pepper flakes and add a sweet-savory finish. The candied hazelnuts are a splurge finish, but well worth the trouble.
- 1 jar (7-ounce) Organic 65% Tonda Gentile Hazelnut Spread with Raw Cacao
- 2 tablespoons Colli Etruschi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup cold Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 bar (1.76-ounce) CTR Chocolate Bar
- Michele Ferrante Hot Pepper Flakes
- Candied hazelnuts
- Chill in a mixing bowl and whisk the attachment in the refrigerator until cold.
- Line a 12 x 4 x 3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Place the hazelnut spread in a small bowl and microwave it in 10-second increments, stirring after every 10 seconds. Heat until it is smooth and fluid, like chocolate syrup. This will take about 30-40 seconds. Stir in two tablespoons of Colli Etruschi EVOO and set it aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the hazelnut cacao mixture is cooled, place the heavy whipping cream and confectioner's sugar in the chilled bowl and beat until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold in the melted hazelnut cacao mixture until no streaks remain. Pour into the prepared loaf pan, being sure to cover the top with plastic wrap, and freeze the mousse for at least 1-2 hours (semifreddo can be frozen for up to 1 month).
- To serve: Remove the mousse from the freezer, invert it onto a platter, and remove the plastic wrap. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, slice into 8 slices and place on dessert plates. Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and microwave for 1 minute, stir until smooth and drizzle over the semifreddo slices, drizzle with additional Olive Oil, decorate with candied hazelnuts, and top with hot pepper flakes