Italian Herb Braid
Preparation Time: about 3 hours
Makes one loaf
- 2 tablespoons Yeast (1 packet)
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm Water
- 2 tablespoons Michele Ferrante Mixed Herb Culinary Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Margherita di Savoia Fine Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Trampetti Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups Bread Flour
- Place the warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle in the yeast, let stand for 15 minutes, until bubbly.
- Add the Trampetti Extra Virgin Olive oil and lightly mix with a paddle attachment.
- Mix the Michele Ferrante Mixed Herb Culinary Powder and salt with the flour and add to the yeast mixture.
- Mix with the paddle attachment until well combined.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Allow rising until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Punch down and rise for another hour, until doubled again.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and roll each piece into a 16-inch log.
- Braid the logs, tucking the ends under to secure them.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking tray, cover with a towel, and let rise for 20-30 minutes more.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for about 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with more Extra Virgin Olive Oil.