Inspired by the anchovies, capers, and olives found in puttanesca pasta, this saucy chicken recipe is easy and filling. Serve with crusty bread for dinner bliss.
- Chicken thighs (as many as will fit in your pan, we did 5)
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Bell pepper, sliced
- Michele Ferrante Hot Italian Pepper Flakes, to taste
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of Water, stock, or red wine
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Michele Ferrante Dried Mountain Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Marino Wild Harvested Salted Capers, to taste
- 1/4 cup Taggiasca Olives with Citrus in EVOO
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear, skin-side down until crispy, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Remove from pan and sauté onions, mushrooms, and bell pepper until they begin to soften.
- Add pepper flakes and garlic.
- Lower the heat and add in the liquid of your choice, tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Once combined, add in oregano, capers, and olives.
- Return seared chicken to pan, bring to a simmer, lower heat, and cover. Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Taste sauce and adjust it to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread!