This recipe calls for homemade Alfredo sauce, you can make it easier by using our new Casina Rossa Alfredo Sauce!
- 1 package Pasta Allemandi Egg Tagliatelle (8.8 ounces), cooked according to directions on the package
- ¼ cup Marino Organic Monte Iblei EVOO
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons Casina Rossa Fiori & Salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-pint heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- Heat the water for the pasta and prepare the sauce.
- Set a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the Marino EVOO. Toss in sliced shallots and allow to caramelize lightly. Add garlic and cook until translucent; do not allow it to brown very much or the garlic will turn bitter.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan and allow to reduce by half. As the wine simmers, sprinkle in Fiori & Salt, and add both peppers.
- Whisk in the cream, a little at a time, until combined.
- Allow the mixture to come to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Place the cooked pasta into the sauce, toss gently but thoroughly with tongs, and then toss with half the parmesan and chives.
- Portion pasta on each serving plate and garnish with more Parmesan and chives, sprinkling it over the pasta and around the edges of the plates.