Duck Confit with Grilled Peaches Radicchio and Cherry Balsamic Dressing
This splurge salad is full of summer flavors. Perfect for a casual dinner on the deck or as a starter for a celebration dinner.
For the Salad:
- 3 duck legs confit
- 3 ripe peaches, cut in half and pitted
- 6 cups radicchio, endive, fresh fennel (any mixture of European greens)
- 2 cups fresh cherries, berries, plums (or a mixture of all)
- 1/3 cup Controne Hot Pepper Roasted Almonds, roughly chopped
For the Dressing:
3 tablespoons Ritrovo Selections Cherry Balsamic
1 teaspoon Casina Rossa Salt&Salute Digestivo
- 1/4 cup Giuseppe Fois Gran Riserve Sardinian EVOO
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Remove skin from the duck legs, take meat off the bone, shred and set aside.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the Ritrovo Selections Cherry Balsamic and the Casina Rossa Salt&Salute, slowly drizzle in the Giuseppe Fois Sardinian EVOO, whisking all the while. Stir in the fresh rosemary and the freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Brush the cut side of the peach halves with the dressing and grill over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, turning a quarter turn half-way through, until heated through and browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the salad: Place the shredded duck in a large bowl and toss with the berries and about 1/4 of the dressing.
- Place the radicchio and greens in a bowl and toss with remaining dressing.
- To assemble: Place a mound of the radicchio mixture on a plate, top with one of the grilled peach halves (cut side up), place a portion of the duck confit/berry mixture on top of the peach, scatter with some of the chopped Controne Hot Pepper Roasted Almonds and more of the salt if desired. Garnish with a fennel frond or edible flowers.