Gluten-Free Chickpea Pasta Salad with Grilled Vegetables
This salad makes a lovely gluten-free vegetarian meal and is also delicious and served with grilled meats. Great for picnics and potlucks too.
For the Salad
- 1 package Pasta Natura Gluten-Free Chickpea Pasta Fusili
- 1 jar AVO Grilled Vegetable Mix, drained (oil reserved)
- 1 cup Fresh Mozzarella ciliegine (small mozzarella balls)
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Basil chiffonade
- Giuseppe Fois Gran Riserve Sardinian Olive Oil
For the Dressing
3 tablespoons Ritrovo Selections Tomato Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon Margherita di Savoia Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 Guiseppe Fois Gran Riserve Sardinain Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Freshly ground Pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions, for 5-6 minutes.
- Don’t cook too long as the delicate pasta will begin to fall apart.
- Drain and place in a large bowl, drizzle with Sardinian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, toss, and set aside to cool.
- Add the drained grilled vegetables, mozzarella balls, and tomato slices to the pasta.
- Whisk together the Tomato Balsamic and the Coarse Sea Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil to equal 1/2 cup, and slowly pour the oil into the vinegar and salt mixture, whisking all the while.
- Stir in the minced garlic and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Pour over the dressing and gently mix, add the basil chiffonade and additional salt and pepper to taste.