Chickpea Pasta Salad with Grilled Vegetables
This salad makes a lovely gluten-free vegetarian meal and is also delicious served with grilled meats. Great for picnics and potlucks too.
For the Salad:
- 1 package Pasta Natura Gluten-Free Chickpea Pasta Fusili
- 1 jar AVO Grilled Vegetable Mix, drained (oil reserved)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella ciliegine (small mozzarella balls)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- Giuseppe Fois Gran Riserve Sardinian EVOO
For the Dressing:
3 tablespoons Ritrovo Selections Tomato Balsamic
1 teaspoon Piranske Soline Salt Flowers
- 1/2 EVOO, reserved from vegetables plus Giuseppe Fois Gran Riserve Sardinian EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions, 5-6 minutes. Don’t cook too long as the delicate pasta will begin to fall apart. Drain and place in a large bowl, drizzle with Guiseppe Fois Riserve Sardinian EVOO, toss, and set aside to cool
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the Ritrovo Selections Tomato Balsamic and the Piranske Salt Flowers, measure the olive oil reserved from the grilled vegetables and add Giuseppe Fois Sardinian EVOO to equal 1/2 cup, slowly pour the oil into the vinegar and salt mixture, whisking all the while. Stir in the minced garlic and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Add the drained grilled vegetables, mozzarella balls, and tomato slices to the pasta. Pour over dressing and gently mix, add the basil chiffonade and additional salt and pepper to taste.