Baked Spinach Tortellini With Alfredo Ai Fiori
This recipe calls for home-made Alfredo sauce, you can make it easier by using our new Casina Rossa Alfredo Sauce.
- 1 package Ritrovo Selections Dry Stuffed Tortellini with Spinach (8.8 ounces), cooked according to directions on the package
- ¼ cup Marino Organic Monte Iblei EVOO
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 teaspoon Casina Rossa Fiori & Salt
- 1 teaspoon Margherita di Savoia Fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1-pint Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- ¾ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- 1 bunch of Chard, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the water for the tortellini and prepare the sauce.
- Set a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the Marino EVOO.
- Toss in sliced shallots and allow to caramelize lightly. Add garlic and cook until translucent; do not allow it to brown very much or the garlic will turn bitter.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan and allow to reduce by half. As the wine simmers, sprinkle in Fiori & Salt, and add both peppers.
- Whisk in the cream, a little at a time, until combined.
- Allow the mixture to come to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Add the nutmeg, Fontina, ½ cup of Parmesan, and the chard and mix well.
- Place the cooked pasta into a baking dish, fold in the sauce, and stir until combined. Mix the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan and the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the tortellini mix.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the breadcrumbs are browned and the sauce is bubbling.