Almond Sweet Altino Pepper Torta
Perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea, this cake is savory, sweet, and sophisticated.
Makes one 8-inch Cake
- ¾ cup Le Ferre Infused EVOO with Orange
- 6 eggs, room temperature, separated
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Molino Verrini “00” Flour
- 3 tablespoons Fior di Maiella Smoked Dried Sweet Pepper Powder
- ½ teaspoon Saffron & Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally butter an 8-inch cake pan, line the bottom with parchment
- Place EVOO and egg yolks in a mixing bowl, whisk to combine then stir in sugar.
- Sift almond flour, “00” flour, smoked pepper powder, and Saffron & Salt together. Mix into the egg yolk and EVOO mixture.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Start mixing at a low setting, gradually increasing speed until egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold one-third of the meringue into the flour mixture until just mixed, continue adding the meringue one-third at a time until combined; don’t over-mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cooling before removing from pan.
- Transfer to a serving dish and dust with confectioner’s sugar.